Friday, November 16, 2007

Little Szechuan (2nd visit)

Went back to Little Szechuan, this time on a Thursday evening. There were still doing decent business but were not overly busy.

If you remember in my last write-up, service on a Friday night was absolutely awful. It was so awful in fact that I was considering not going back.

The food brought me back. This visit was sweet and sour scallops and beer duck. Both were phenomenal in their own ways.

I am happy to report that besides being slow, which one is used to on University Avenue, the service was fine.

This does bring up some thoughts though. Little Szechaun clearly wants to be considered a nicer restaurant than the others on the road. This is evident in the space, lighting, uniformed serving staff, and a liquor license. The level of service simply does not meet the seemingly high aspirations this place has. It causes a bit of dissonance, if the service is going to be as such I'd rather it was in a plainer looking space.

I will go back though to enjoy the outstanding food, it will just be during the week.

No comments: