Friday, December 14, 2007

Black Mountain Malbec (2006)

I haven't been able to find the La Boca Malbec in years. If anyone finds it, let me know where it is or send me a case because this Black Mountain stuff was kind of disappointing.

As with most Malbecs, it needed to breath for a bit before it was remotely pleasant to drink. The nose gave off cedar. The body was off-dry and tasted like cedar and a mingling of dark fruits with low, soft tannins. The finish was short, off-dry, and once again had cedar.

Too much cedar for a Malbec. USD 5.99 at Trader Joe's in Maple Grove, MN. The La Boca Malbec was 3.99 and better. Help, please!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I miss the La Boca Malbec too. You know I still think it might be my favorite red.

Roblog said...

La Boca Malbec is back at the Maple Grove Trader Joe's!!! I just bought a case. I've been waiting for months for them to have it back in stock.