Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vincent, a Restaurant

What, you mean I have to dress up to go to this place? It is bad enough that they even require me to wear clothing at all, much less dress clothes! I mean, "I" am paying "them" for services, not the other way around.

I'm never going back here.

Is that chocolate?

All is forgiven.

Thoughts I have had at Vincent.


The restaurant was quiet and tastefully appointed, the staff was professional while at the same time being warm and pleasant. The food was very good, if'n you don't mind the portions being very small. I left the restaurant feeling pleasantly fed, but I was also tempted to visit a nearby Famous Dave's afterwards so that I would feel genuinely full. I hear this is how rich people eat "all the time." I wonder why so many of them are fat. The only reason I did not go to the aforesaid barbecue joint of note is that I ate about three loaves of bread through the course of the meal.

This brings me to my next comment. The meal took an incredibly long time, and this fact allowed me to consume that much of the free bread. There were long pauses of service in between each course, which gave me plenty of time to do things I am not usually accustomed to doing when eating a meal. Things like speaking and making eye contact. It was unnerving. Again, I have been informed that this is what rich people often do, but for me, it was boring. Perhaps if the meal was going to be the one source of entertainment for the night it would be preferable, but I for one would have rather been served a bit more briskly.

Anyway, perhaps the greatest part of the meal for me was dessert, which was two scoops of vanilla ice cream topped with molten chocolate with little puffy cookies on the side. What made this memorable to me was that a well-dressed gentleman came around the table and poured the chocolate from a little pot to your liking. The ice cream was served in what was basically a coffee cup, so I quipped, "Just top it off, I'll find the ice cream later." To my surprise, he did, or would have if I hadn't stopped him. Either way the chocolate was level and the ice cream was nowhere to be found without some excavation on my part.

This place is awesome.


No comments: