Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Grumpy Steve's Coffee

This is a small coffee shop next to the Wabasha Street Caves, and I only noticed the shop because of this fact. When I was driving by, I said to myself, "What is that little store next to that huge pile of masonry set into the cliffside?"

The name amused me, so I decided to go in. I glared at this "Grumpy Steve" with is whitened beard and thought to myself, "I had better be satisfied or I will write such an awful review of his establishment no man shall set foot in it again!" I then set my teeth and prepared to strike.

This man, grumpy by title only, warmed my heart with a belgian waffle. Mmmm mmm good.

The coffee and other snacks were delectible as well, and if not for the fact that I had to go to work, I may have tried the microbrew beer (not sure if it is his or some other's) or the liqours his establishment also offered.

The coffee hut was pretty standard as far as decor went, except that a large portion of it was taken up by, for lack of a better word, tourist crap. Minnesota books, coffee paraphenalia, and crappy jewelry took up the almost all the wall space.

Or at least, I wish it did.

What really took up nearly all of the available space (leaving only marginal room for that other crap) were "Mystic Trolls" which were ugly little dolls which leered at you with their dark eyes. I was alarmed, as trolls are the minions of the Frost Giants and would surely reveal my location if I stayed.

Because of this I was forced to down my coffee and waffle a little more hurriedly than I would have liked, and I will never return to this establishment, although you, gentle reader, are probably safe to do so. (If'n you don't mind having congress with trolls.)



Yep, nothing says "Time To Drink Coffee" like this little SOB.

No comments: